Saturday

Silver heart spur bookends

Several years ago I bought a pair of silver heart spurs to make western bookends. Just this afternoon, I finally got around to drilling the holes and putting them together. It is rough cut wood and slightly bowed. The spurs are rustic and the hearts have already started to turn. It does not have the shiny polished look of the set I made for my friend. Still, it has the silver hearts and what girl doesn’t like hearts?


Yes, I know, western bookends and I have no horse books between them. While I don’t own many, I’ve read some of the best - John Lyons’ training books and Monty Robert’s Join-Up and his Shy-Boy, the story of the mustang tamed in the wild.

1 comment:

Janettessage.blogspot.com said...

Love your western decor...but than again I am a Texan.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I totally agree that young married should know it is going to be work. My comment was more the fact they wouldn't want to hear it, or wouldn't hear the warnings. The book is wonderful in the fact they share the ups and downs...it would probably scare a lot of starry-eyed newly-weds...or they would think they are above it.
As for my son and my daughter-in-law...well they saw our marriage and the ups and downs...since we were walking through some big struggles at that time...and she came from a divorced family...I think they had their eyes open.
Thanks again for stopping by and leaving your great comment.
Hope to see you again...I will continue to go through your blog.
Janette