Friday

Horse n' flowers bedspread

I recently finished the top to this bedspread and now I’m not sure how to finish it. I like the horses jumping through the horseshoe and the beautiful, lovely flowers all around with plenty of white. The white areas would look to nice to be quilted, but I’m not too eager to hand quilt such a mass of space right now. I thought about tie quilting it, or just hemming the edges and leaving it as a thin bed sheet. If I did though, I am not sure what  to do with all the raw edges of the seams of each block. For now, I’ll leave it as it is until I decide.

3 comments:

Rushd Lady said...

Did you paint the quilt or embroider it? It's hard to tell from the picture. Are you into authentic quilting by hand or are you okay with machine quilting? I have several quilts that I paid to have quilted by a lady who owned a long-arm quilting machine.

Southern Lady said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Southern Lady said...

The horse is neither painted nor embroidered. The cloth was already printed. I just cut it into squares and sewed them together. I do authentic hand quilting, though I have quilted one by machine as well.